Job Title: Project Manager Network Build
You will co-ordinate activity within and across Planning, Build and Operations and, will engage closely and support our key suppliers and contractors. You should be forward looking, seeking to anticipate potential issues and developing actions to mitigate these issues. The role holder is not responsible for the day-to-day management of the construction contractors and team but will have a proven track record of third party and supplier management.
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership:
- Developing and maintaining the overall network plan, this includes the physical fibre build as well as the introduction of new active network elements
- Gather inputs to the plan from sources: within (Strategy & Planning and Technology functions), subcontractors, passive and active materials suppliers, local authority permitting agents and other stakeholders identified as required
- Prioritise and schedule all work activities for the successful delivery of contracted services in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner - within budget
- Identifying potential bottlenecks and risk issues; developing mitigating strategies to manage & eliminate their impact, ensuring build programmes progress to schedule
- Sharing the plan with key contractors and suppliers
- Working directly with the Management Team to drive the delivery of the plan
- Maintaining accurate records and producing weekly reports and analysis against plan throughout the project life cycle
- Adhere to internal and external, regulatory, operational and Health and Safety compliance procedures
- Adaptable and able to work in a changing environment and adapt programme to suit needs and meet targets.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in the management of large-scale telecoms programmes, within the area of fixed networks, specifically fibre network build
- FTTH delivery experience essential
- Proven track record of delivery and a proactive approach to managing technical projects in a telecoms environment and turnkey solutions
- Co-ordination of internal network build resources.
- Management external fibre network construction suppliers/contractors
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, particularly with 3rd parties
- Able to work in fluid and dynamic environments
- Good understanding of NRSWA requirements and legislation
- Knowledge of Layer 1 infrastructure – passive network, preferred.