Job Title: Fibre Test & Maintenance Engineer FTTH
Location: 2/3 days a week in Portsmouth rest of the time remote.
- As a Fibre Test & Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for commissioning, ongoing availability and the integrity of the fibre estate.
- Act as the gateway and point of assurance between fibre network design and fibre network build teams.
- Perform end to end testing and commissioning of network cabling installed and spliced by 3rd party organisations.
- Perform fusion, and if necessary, mechanical splices to make adds/changes to the optical network.
- Plan fibre and splicing requirements to meet work directives.
- Growing fibre broadband provider
Skills and Experience:
- Fibre deployment, test and maintenance experience in a FTTH/FTTP environment.
- Can demonstrate experience of translating fibre designs to implementation splicing schedules through examples of previous experiences.
- Can demonstrate, through examples, experience troubleshooting and resolving complex fibre faults.