Job Title: Electrical Engineer Mission Critical
Salary: up to £70,000
- Working on a variety of high-tech building design and construction projects. Project focus would initially be data centres and telecommunications facilities and would grow to include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional.
- Advise clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Designing electrical systems/equipment to meet client requirements.
- Participate in developing the design criteria for air and water side of building electrical systems.
- Peer review electrical designs and specifications of equipment or systems.
- Developing concept studies and designs.
- Provide written reports of system options.
- Write specifications for electrical systems.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines including Architect and Structures.
- Enforce standards and practices.
- Prepare calculations and technical/equipment specification documentation.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Health & Safety compliance and preparation of associated safety documentation, e.g. pre-construction information documents.
- This would be working for a mechanical and electrical consultancy business to the residential, commercial, retail, data centre, sports, leisure, micro-electronic, healthcare, educational, municipal, high tech and pharmaceutical sectors.
- They are growing their EMEA business and have exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated engineers to join them working remotely as we continue our journey.
- If you are excited about working with one of the leading engineering companies in the world, helping to make their clients successful, then we want to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or architectural from accredited program (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years of related Electrical design experience.
- Knowledge of electrical design principles, IEE regulations, standards, and codes
- Have working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit.
- Have working knowledge of Electrical and lighting calculation software
- Data center or telecommunication facility experience and knowledge of critical facility electrical design.
- Experience at Concept design level to assist with the development of data centre masterplans.
- Ability to write specifications for electrical equipment, devices, and materials.
- Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components.
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Membership of relevant industry body, e.g. IET