Job Title: Head of Data Engineering
- To be the Head of Data Engineering you will require previous hands-on coding experience and a proven track record of delivering data platforms.
- To design, build, and oversee projects for Banks, open Banking Services and cloud focused data analytics, data science, and distribution platforms.
- Provide leadership in relation to data engineering principles, strategy, and tools used.
- Define standards and best practices in order to show stakeholders sustained value of the technology provided.
My client is a consultancy with a niche focus on the BSFI sectors. They have over 1,000 employees in the UK and are investing heavily in the growth of their Data practice service to some of the best know Retail & Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management, and Insurance companies in the UK.
Skills and Experience:
- Expert leadership in Data Engineering with a cloud and CI/CD focus
- Data engineering background with hands-on experience building and leading high-performance engineering teams
- Experience leading teams of Principal, Senior & Junior engineers with evidence of coaching and growing talented engineers.
- Experience recruiting and interviewing for a fast-growth engineering business.
- Extensive knowledge of modern data engineering technology trends, especially in the Cloud space.
- Working knowledge of CI / CD & DevOps tooling and techniques including the role and usage considerations of Kubernetes in Data Engineering.
- Knowledge of Data Lake and Data Warehouse design patterns, administration and security best practices
- Active programming experience with a modern language e.g. Java, Scala, Python