Job Title: Principal Electrical Engineer (Mission Critical)
Salary: up to £80,000 + Package
This role sits within their global facilities services Mission Critical team, providing an opportunity to build your career and your team to serve this expanding sector.
- Advise clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Designing electrical systems/equipment to meet client requirements.
- Participate in developing the design criteria for air and water side of building mechanical systems.
- Peer review electrical designs and specifications of equipment or systems.
- Developing concept studies and designs.
- Provide written reports of system options.
- Write specifications for electrical systems.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines including Architect and Structures.
- Enforce standards and practices.
- Prepare calculations and technical/equipment specification documentation.
- Monitor installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Health & Safety compliance and preparation of associated safety documentation, e.g. pre-construction information documents.
- Lead a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
- Client facing with the ability to discuss and agree Client requirements.
- Attend meetings and be able to lead presentations.
- Manage project costs within fee budgets.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Participate in Work Winning activities including assist with the development of bid stage technical solutions.
- Interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues to achieve project objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a global project team.
- Supporting future business opportunities through client engagement and elevation of the brand.
- Personal professional development and partaking in professional bodies and industry groups.
- This would be working for a global leader in engineering, architecture and construction solutions. The company has over 8,000 professionals working in 50 offices worldwide and recognised as a leader in mission critical services.
- They are growing their UK business and have exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated engineers to join them in London office as we continue our journey.
- They have an opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their team, working on a variety of high-tech building design and construction projects.
- Project focus would initially be data centres and telecommunications facilities and would grow to include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional.
- If you are excited about working with one of the leading engineering companies in the world, helping to make their clients successful, then we want to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong Electrical design experience.
- Knowledge of electrical design principles, IEE regulations, standards, and codes
- Have working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit.
- Have working knowledge of Electrical and lighting calculation software
- Data center or telecommunication facility experience and knowledge of critical facility electrical design.
- Experience at Concept design level to assist with the development of data centre masterplans.
- Ability to write specifications for electrical equipment, devices, and materials.
- Familiarity with other building systems and coordination with those systems and components.
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Membership of relevant industry body, e.g. IET