Job Title: Datacenter Design Engineer M&E
- Provide guidance and advice to the site based construction teams and supporting local design and delivery teams.
- Ensure the programme is being implemented and managed in accordance to the design policy.
- Responsible for design decisions related to datacenter projects including new construction, phased expansion, retrofits and upgrades, mechanical and electrical equipment selections, and standards upgrades globally
- Critically assess design decisions under direction from more senior staff and supports in applying the required standards and country-specific regulations to make the best design choices.
- Provide design engineering support to senior staff to define site-specific conditions, infrastructure design, costs and liaison with local authorities.
- Supporting sales requests liaise with customers to develop specific project design requirements.
- Provides technical design support to local operations teams for Mechanical or Electrical engineering and critical support systems.
- Designs and engineers systems related to Mechanical or Electrical and critical Infrastructure used to support Technical infrastructure.
- Contributes to the design, implementation and maintenance of Mechanical Technical
- Infrastructure to monitor system capacity, risk and quality control.
- Well known DC organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- High performing Mechanical, Electrical or controls engineer with the ability to make decisions across disciplines
- Previous experience of working in a data centre design role within mission-critical facilities.
- Demonstrate site based experience on new builds and extensions to existing data centres or mission-critical facilities.
- Demonstrate experience on mission-critical Mechanical or Electrical and support infrastructure design.
- Design experience with all of the following:
- Switch Gear.
- Fire systems.
- Knowledge of various energy-saving techniques. Construction/Commissioning experience
- Knowledge of all other engineering aspects of data centres
The Hiring Process:
- Call with HR
- Call with Hiring Manager
- Further steps to be confirmed