Job Title: Build Manager
Location: 2/3 days in Portsmouth – remainder of the time remote.
- Day to day supervision and compliance of the project, ensuring that KPI’s such as Time, Cost, Quality and Compliance are being controlled and achieved.
- Sub Management of multiple work streams/methodology for deploying FTTP.
- Ensure timely delivery and mitigate/highlight any risks to budgets and programme change.
- Responsibility for the Civil construction being carried out by the contractor.
- Monitor, report and escalate issues within the project.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses and quality failures (including Defects) are logged via site audits, collated and reported to the relevant department.
- Provide accurate weekly reporting on build progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted.
- Manage the operational relationship with numerous stakeholders.
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is audited post hand over from the contractor within the agreed SLA and it is checked for accuracy, reporting any discrepancies
- Full broadband provider
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in delivering and policing medium to large multi-site FTTH projects.
- A strong technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks (Overhead, Underground, Blown Fibre).
- Understanding and holding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA) (Supervisors)
- Experience on FTTH Civils and Cabling, including and not limited to Narrow Trenching.
- Full UK driving license (Essential).
- Active NRSWA card (Essential).